- The least expensive time to cruise is during the Fall months.
- Booking through a Travel Agent can get you special perks like transfers, amenities, extra service, coordinated flights, and unique shore excursions.
- Formal nights are optional on most cruise lines these days. Pack lightly.
- Room service is free, but specialty restaurants, bistros, and cafes cost extra.
- Book spa treatments on days the ship is in port. Services will cost less, and you will not need to stand in line.
- Choose a large ship for the kids; they will have more activity choices to choose from.
- Save money by booking shore excursions through a tour company or a Travel Agent instead of the cruise line. Sometimes, savings can be as much as 30%!
- Book early! The best fares are available as soon as the sailings are announced. This can be 12-18 months out from the date of embarkation.